No matter what the circumstances, being a carer has a big impact on your life and requires strength and commitment. It is both rewarding and overwhelming.
Recognising the importance of support for carers, VMCH offer a range of carer support services. We ensure whatever your situation, there are opportunities to focus on your health and wellbeing, to take a break and share the responsibility.
Some of the services on offer are government-funded and can include:
- Overnight accommodation for the person you care for
- Community centres offering social activities during the day
- Help at home or in the community
- Emergency support
- Carer advocacy, social support and events
- Education and information