St Paul’s College is a Catholic specialist school for children with a wide range of intellectual, physical, profound multiple and sensory disabilities
St Paul’s College is a Catholic specialist school for children with a wide range of intellectual, physical, profound multiple and sensory disabilities, complex medical needs and the individual needs of students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Our school has a range of educational, developmental and therapy programs that enables children to reach their full intellectual, physical, emotional and spiritual potential.
St Paul’s College relocated from our home of 62 years in Kew, to a modern, purpose-built campus in Balwyn in 2019. St Paul’s College teaches students from Prep to Year 12.
We are a small school, with almost 60 students, and we really know every child and family in our community.
We take the time to understand every child’s individual developmental, behavioral and communication needs so they can make the most of their learning with us.
Our specialist teaching teams provide:
- Play based programs: The Victorian Curriculum Standards are embedded into a range of play opportunities that make learning accessible and meaningful
- Relationship focused curriculum: Developing communication and social skills allows positives interaction with peers and with classroom staff
- Individual Learning Plans: Each child has carefully designed individual goals that are planned, delivered and evaluated by specialist teaching teams, and address our students’ broad range of abilities and learning needs
- Our Allied Health team work closely with families and the specialist teaching team to ensure every student is supported with the therapies they need to participate in all aspects of their learning
- Learning readiness: learning is scaffolded to develop the skills integral to each child’s educational journey including familiarity and confidence with school rules and routines
- Independence and cooperation are fostered through our group work in our small classes and one on one ‘tabletop’ activities, along with endless opportunity for outdoor play in our state-of-the-art sensory playground.
Our campus includes an Assistive Technology Centre, a Sensory Room, a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) centre, specially-designed inclusive playgrounds, a café and kitchen garden to help senior students develop vocational skills.