As a carer, you’re a bit of a hero. What you do on a daily basis, while rewarding, is definitely challenging. It can impact your physical and emotional wellbeing.
That’s where we come in.
Our support program is especially for you. It’s a chance for you to take a break and enjoy sometime for yourself.
Every carer’s needs area little bit different and it’s easy to get lost when trying to understand your options.
Our Case Managers take the time to understand your stressors and identify what support services are right for you. We also check in from time-to-time, making sure that as your needs change so does your support.
Some of the services we offer are:
- Personal care
- Home care services, like meal preparation and gardening
- Flexible respite in your own home or out in the community
- Support in an unexpected situation
- Goods and equipment
- Education and information
- Social groups and special events
- Wellbeing activities
- Referrals to long term support services
When we say we’re here to support you as a carer, we mean it. That’s why we’re also your advocate.
For more help and advice on carer support, visit Carer Gateway, an Australian Government initiative.
So, how can you join us?
We’re here for people who live in Melbourne’s eastern region and care for someone with care needs including:
- Mental illness
- Chronic condition or illness
- Older people with care needs
- People in palliative care
Carers must be living in the local areas of Knox, Yarra Ranges, Whitehorse, Maroondah, Manningham, Monash and Boroondara.
VMCH acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.