At VMCH we are currently focusing on improving our already excellent end-of-life care for our residents, by better understanding what it means to live well, and die well.
Spirituality of Dying is an introductory 60, or 90-minute workshop, designed by Meaningful Ageing, which extends on understandings of the dying phase of life (including the last few days). It also provides information around the importance of spirituality and religion for human living and dying; as well as how to facilitate and make meaningful connections with the dying person, their significant others, and the rest of the care team.
We will be holding the following Spirituality of Dying workshops across our Residential Aged Care homes for staff, volunteers, family and friends in August. They will be facilitated by our pastoral care practitioners, with assistance from Jeff Brooks, VMCH Clinical Manager.
The sessions will help:
- Build your confidence during this sacred and precious time
- Broaden your understanding of spirituality and religious/spiritual care
- Deepen one’s understanding and care of those at end of life
- Recognising dying
- Consider rituals and spaces
- Learn about communicating with the dying person and the family.
Upcoming sessions are:
Star of the Sea
- 7 August, 1:00 – 3:00pm (Volunteer session)
- 7 August, 7:00 – 8:30pm (Family and friends session)
John R Hannah
- 8 August – Time to be confirmed (Staff session)
- 13 August, 1:30 – 3:00pm (Family and friends session)
- 15 August, 7:00 – 8.30pm (Family and friends session)
- 15 August, 2:00 – 3:00pm (Staff session)
- 26 August, 2:00 – 3:30 (Family and friends session)
For more information, or to register your attendance, please contact the Pastoral Care Practitioners at each aged care residence.