Statement from Sonya Smart, CEO
Last updated: Wednesday 8 July, 2020
I am pleased and relieved to see how we as a nation have so far managed to contain the spread of COVID-19. It is with great pride that I have watched our dedicated and vigilant staff care for the safety and wellbeing of residents and each other, during this time.
Restricting visitors was a difficult decision, but these measures have successfully mitigated the risk to residents and staff, with no reported COVID-19 cases at any VMCH residence to date.
As of Wednesday 8 July 2020, we will be able to welcome two visits per resident, per week. Visitors are welcome between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. The below conditions still apply. This will be reviewed in six weeks time.
Please note that these arrangements are subject to change depending on the circumstances and risks that may occur in the future.
- All visitors must book prior to visiting
- Visiting hours are Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm
- Maximum of two visits per week with one visitor at a time
- Please limit the visit to one hour
- Visiting will only take place in your loved one’s room or where specified by the residence in which your loved one resides.
- Maintain physical distancing during your visit of 1.5 metres.
If you have special circumstances, please speak to the Residential Services Manager. We are able to make exceptions when:
- You are unable to visit during the specified days and hours due to other commitments
- Compassionate grounds
Prior to entry, every visitor will need to:
- Complete the health declaration form upon entry to the residence.
- Have your temperature taken. If your temperature is above 37.5 degrees Celsius you will not be allowed access.
- Provide a certificate of vaccination as evidence of a current 2020 influenza vaccination.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided.
- No visitors under the age of 16.
Individual arrangements previously in place for the care of your loved one relating to compassionate grounds will continue.
If you are feeling unwell, have any symptoms of a cold or you have not had your 2020 influenza vaccination, please do not come to visit. You will not be able to enter the premises.
Any aggressive behaviour towards staff or residents will not be tolerated. If this occurs, you will be asked to leave. Every staff member is working to provide the best care to each resident.
Thank you for your understanding and support, and of course, please speak directly with your Residential Services Manager if you require any further clarification.