When it comes to helping you at home, we’ve got you covered.
Sometimes as you get older, you might find that you need just a little more support day to day. Maybe you need a hand with the shopping, running errands or help around the home. We’re here to help.
Did you know that it can take up to 12 months (and sometimes longer!) before you are offered a Home Care Package (HCP)?
Demand for packages is high and often there is a lengthy waiting period between the time of your ACAT assessment (Aged Care Assessment) and the time you are offered an HCP.
This can be a difficult time for some, especially if you need help right now.
Every person’s situation is different. VMCH privately funded services can help you stay independent for longer.
You might need private services when:
- You are waiting for your Home Care Package approval, but you need help right now
- You are returning from a hospital stay or have suffered an injury
- You prefer to pay for your services privately and/or it is more economical for you to do so
- Your usual carer is away and you need some support at home
- You need to ‘top-up’ your government-funded services.
What are privately funded services?
VMCH offers seniors a range of at-home aged care services. The program is suitable for people waiting for their HCP or for people who are ineligible and wish to organise privately funded services. You do not need a doctor’s referral to access privately funded services.
What services can I access?
We offer a wide range of services that can be purchased on a short or long-term basis. Services can be delivered when and where you need them, 24 hours a day, seven days a week – the choice is yours! Our experiences and trained community support workers can help you with:
- Housekeeping and domestic duties
- Healthy eating and meal preparation
- Respite, social activities and transport
- Podiatry, physio, massage and other therapies
Why should I choose VMCH?
We are one of the most respected and experienced aged care and disability service providers in Australia. We are fully accredited, and we’re known for our high standards across everything that we do. Most importantly, we tailor services according to exactly what you need.
We also offer a reliable, experienced and caring team, who will come to you! This allows you to enjoy the services at a day and time that suits you and your lifestyle.
How do I get started?
Just give us a call on 1300 698 624, it’s that easy! There’s no cumbersome paperwork or lengthy wait times. We’re here, ready and waiting to connect you to the services you need.