Pastoral Care at Villa Maria Catholic Homes
“Never see a need without doing something about it." - Saint Mary MacKillop
What is Pastoral Care?
Pastoral Care offers spiritual and emotional support to individuals of all cultures, faiths and nationalities who access our services and their families. Our Pastoral Care Workers ‘walk with you along the journey’, supporting you in times of pain, loss and anxiety, as well as triumphs and joys, always respecting confidentiality and privacy.
Pastoral Care features:
- Having someone there to listen or sit silently with you
- Helping you through grief and loss
- Having someone to pray with you
- Putting you in contact with a Priest, Minister or Chaplain
- Supporting you to adjust to your new home
- Follow up requests to receive your faith’s blessing of the sick
- The ability to connect with people from all faiths and backgrounds
Pastoral Care Student Companion Program
Villa Maria Catholic Homes’ Pastoral Care service has established associations with Australian Catholic University and Holy Family Services in the development of the Companion Program. Students attend a number of our aged care residences to offer one on one companionship with our residents. These students are supported by our Pastoral Care team members on site.
Pastoral Care Volunteers
Pastoral Care is assisted by a dedicated group of volunteers who undertake activities such as sacramental support, visiting, driving, reading and recording material onto cassette for vision impaired people.
Please contact Volunteer Services if you are interested in volunteering with Pastoral Care Services.